How to Obtain a Food Truck in Omaha

Douglas County Health Department

Once you obtain your truck, you will need to set it up to health code standards by obtaining the permit.

Douglas County Health Department:

1111 S 41st Street

Omaha, NE 68105


Once you have your DCHD permit, you will also need a Park Omaha permit to vend in the Omaha area.

Additional Information To Read


Food trucks are now required to pay the Omaha Restaurant Tax. 

If you want to vend outside of Omaha, you will need to know that Lancaster County (Lincoln) and Hall County (Grand Island) both have their own health departments, just like Douglas County.  Additional permits need to be completed for Bellevue, Papillion, and Ralston. If you play on vending in any city, be sure to contact the city or county clerks for information about permits, taxes, fees, etc.

Other areas please contact:
Nebraska Department of Agriculture
Food Safety & Consumer Protection
P.O. Box 95064
Lincoln, NE 68509-5064

phone: 402-471-3422